Friday, March 19, 2010

Still Have No Idea. . .

I'm so tired of going over this in my mind.  What do I want to do with my degree?????  I spend hours online looking for something that pulls me in and screams "THIS THIS THIS" and I can't find anything.  I feel like I am stuck in a spiral and just CAN NOT decide.

In 2002, I thought I wanted to do Business Management.  But I dropped that because I didn't want to go to the same school as my ex.  Five years out of school and I decide to go back for Restaurant Management.  3/4 of the way through, I realized how much I didn't want to work those hours for the rest of my life.  Living that restaurant rockstar lifestyle is only fun when you don't want to settle down and have a family one day.  So, in 2008 I switched to Counseling Psychology. I love helping people, love talking to people, so you would think this is perfect, right?  RIGHT?  I'm only months away from graduating with my BS and I don't want to be a counselor.  So what do I do now?

We can't afford for me to be out of work longer.  I need to find a job.  And I really need to find an internship before May.  I just have no idea what to do.  I've made an appointment with the careers counselor at school in hopes that they may be able to help me a bit.

Why do I do this?  Why can't I just be happy with what I choose.  Why can't I choose something and stick with it?

I really want to start working because I want AJ to be able to open up his own shop.  I think it would be great for him.  He'd finally be doing something that he loved again.  It breaks my heart every day when he tells me how much he hates his job.  It sucks even more when I know my anal retentivness to things only adds more stress to his day. 

When AJ and I first met, we had everything we could have hoped for.  We had such big dreams and aspirations.  But everytime we turn a corner theres something new there to smack us in the face and knock us to the ground.  The fire, being the first.  The theft of our monies from the wedding, the second.  There's more, but I would rather not discuss them.  I feel like we try so hard to do everything right, but we just can't seem to get a break.  It's frustrating and difficult, and our marriage has taken a huge toll because of it all.

We're getting by and we're holding on.  Some days, the thread seems to be reaching it's breaking point.  There's over $8,000 owed to us, and we can't touch it.  We have to wait for the court systems to take their courses.  This only further adds to the frustration and aggravation.

Hopefully, Ri will help cheer me up today.  Since it seems like it is already going to be one of those days.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."  Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment