Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Amazing to Watch her with her Wubbanub!

My little girl loves her binkie, so much so that if it escapes her mouth in the middle of the night, her cry will wake the dead.  After going back and forth for awhile, I opted to give the Wubbanub a try.  I ordered one for $15.00 off the internet.  It arrived within three days, and looked, well, cheap.  It looked like those knock of Beanie Babies that McDonald's gives away with their Happy Meals.  It's a small stuffed monkey, that is very light and easy for my little one to grab a hold of.  Figured, "let's give this monkey a try" (of course, washing it first).  Instantly, she loved it. 

It's amazing to watch her grab onto the monkey and put her pacifier in her mouth. It's even more amazing as to how quickly she caught on to how to do this.  He's become her best buddy.  If she's not sucking on it (I made the mistake of saying earlier "She's happily sucking on her Monkey", which I will attempt to refrain from ever saying again, lol), she's tightly clutching it in her hands like a security blanket.  She absolutely loves her monkey. 

For us, it was money well spent.  I think if she hadn't liked it, spending $15 on another stuffed animal would have seriously pissed me off.  We got lucky! 



Though, this isn't exactly how it's meant to be used!  But she did hold onto it for most of the night!

I think we finally figured out why she has been so irritable for the past four nights.  She's had a belly ache!  Poor girl.  If she slept at all in the last four days it was for no more than a four hour stint, then she was back awake screaming with avengence.  After speaking with her doctor this afternoon, we decided to try Mylicon drops.  Within a half hour, she seems to be my bouncy baby again.  BUT, we'll see what happens at midnight (since that seems to be the time she likes to wake up and proceed to stay awake until 4am).  Fingers crossed.  I'd love to have my happy Ri back again!

Other News:  I still have yet to figure out what I want to do with my degree.  I need to come up with an internship and I'm afraid to waste this opportunity.  I've been seriously thinking about Human Resources, mostly because, I like clerical stuff and sometimes dealing with people makes me want to scratch out my eyes.  Don't get me wrong, I love working with people and truely love helping people.  Sometimes though, I just want to be the one behind the scenes.  I have a lot of thinking to do, with little time to do it.  I think it's time to call the career services counselor before it's too late.



"We live on front porches and swing life away.  We get by just fine here on minimum wage.  If love is a labor, I'll slave til the end."
-Swing Life Away, Rise Against

No comments:

Post a Comment