Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One Moment You Will Never Get Back

Quick Background: So, after DH and I arrived home from our wedding reception, we began going through our gifts. We were leaving for the beach in the morning and decided to take some cash with us. Opened our card box, 4 cards. We had 90+ guests and many of which were promident in our community. We spent our wedding night on the phone with guests and the state police. Someone had stolen all of our wedding cards. Over $2,500. Later, we come to find who did it because she'd done it to the wedding before and their photographer got a picture of her signing their guest book. We had to forgo arresting her for a federal offense for silly legal reasons.








Tommorrow is her sentencing hearing. I have to give a victim impact statement and hope that she has to pay us restitution. I've been putting it off because I cry every time I think about it. Knowing we were going to get cash, I had put a bit of the wedding (only a small amount) on the credit cards in hopes to pay it off with the wedding money and not encure the 19.99 - 23% interest. Because we didn't have the money to pay this back, we have been struggling ever since. It sucks.






I will never relive my wedding day. It was supposed to be the happiest day of my life, and it was destroyed. We didn't even consumate our marriage until 4 days later because I was just in complete and udder shock over the entire incident. THEN, the reception hall, who was aware of the previous incident, gave me the run around. And made me go through hell, and told me all they could do was LOAN me the money I'd lost (and only a quarter of it at that).






I try to remember that my wedding day was amazing, and it was the day I married my soul mate. But I can't. I remember spending 2 hours with state troopers, the embarrassment of calling all of my guests...






I've become almost numb thinking about the situation. Drugs. She did it over drugs. She ruined MY WEDDING DAY for drug money. I couldn't buy my baby girl her crib because I had to pay a credit card debt that should have been taken care of. DH and I still struggle because everything we had planned to do with the money never happened. The anger and hatred I have towards this woman is surreal. And I have to get up in court and talk about how this theft impacted my life.






Wish me luck.  I'll have more details tom... right now... I just want to push the pain aside.

2 comments:

  1. Ran across your blog thru the bump. Just wanted to say good luck with the court stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just updated it about the case! She's in jail, it will just be awhile before we see our money. We're just glad that justice has been served.

    ReplyDelete