Friday, April 9, 2010

Graduation is Rearing it's Ugly Head

It's scary.  I graduate in a few months.  August 10th, 2010 I will officially own a BS in Counseling Psychology.  I'm stoked about the fact that I will finally have acomplished something that I have worked so hard for.  However, I am slightly depressed that I won't see the people that I have become to know so well.  Between the girls, the professors, and many staff members I have created so many relationships that helped to carve my successful path.  I am excited that the four out of six of us that will be graduating between August and December will all get to walk together in the December comencement.  I wasn't bothered by this upon graduating high school.  I could have cared less if I never saw anyone I graduated with ever again.


The friendships I have forged both professionally and socially are ones through which I will carry with my the rest of my life.  The things that they have taught me not only about myself but people and life in general help me to keep going.  I have some of the greatest memories.  Like walking through the hall passed a tour group and not realizing how loud I was speaking as I blurted out "And look, this is what happens when you go to college parties!"  Or standing up against the leadership of a club because they needed to get their act together and something needed to be said.  And who will ever forget the countless professors that worried I was going into labor each time I left the classroom last semester.  There are about 10 people, outside of my immediate family, who changed my life for the better. 


This weekend, I plan on compiling a list of places for my internship.  I am going to attempt to find a hospital that will allow me to do my mental health internship as well as my HR internship.  The way the program is set up I would have to take an internship in the mental health field.  I've decided I didn't want to do mental health as a career, and have been looking towards HR.  I've done HR running the restaurant, in the sales department at the hotel, and taken one or two classes on it.  I enjoyed it.  So, I will attempt to do a non-credit internship.  Now, to find one.


AJ and I are doing awesome.  Words cannot explain how happy I am that things are finally working well for us.  Ri is doing great.  She's on solids (happily loving sweet potatoes) and learning to roll from back to belly!  Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to update what's going on.

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment